Upon enrollment, you will receive access to our Level 2 Training, the online course we follow in the LV2 Certification Program. You will have lifetime access to this course via your mUvmethod account.
Stretch Academy is a 6-week program that builds upon the principles, stretches, and techniques taught in our Level 1 Certification Program. In order to apply for Stretch Academy, you must first complete our Level 1 Certification Program. Get started today!
Stretch Academy is for passionate instructors ready to become qualified educators.
Based on real science, producing real results!
“Stretch Academy has given me the tools and knowledge to safely, confidently and efficiently implement a stretch curriculum into my studio. This curriculum is effective, backed by science and the results are outstanding! Highly recommend it!”
You’re in the right place if you’re ready to:
- Become an expert in the field of flexibility and how it relates to dance.
- Take a deep dive into anatomy, the science of stretching, and how to deliver the most effective 60-minute dance conditioning class of its kind.
- Understand the inner workings of dance-specific movements rather than continuing to “guess” what’s really going on in your students’ bodies!
- Throw outdated and underdeveloped dance conditioning methods out the window and replace them with techniques and classes that actually work!
“Stretch Academy gives teachers in-depth anatomy knowledge to help them understand the science behind the stretch. GAME CHANGER!!!”
“I have seen greater improvements in 4 months of implementing the program than I have seen in 2 years with other programs I have used.”
- Gained a much greater understanding of the fundamentals of safe and effective stretching and how this specifically applies to the dance population.
- Learned the safest and most effective forms of stretching for the dance population that not only increase flexibility and mobility but increase strength and stability too.
- Learned 60+ stretches that target the 11 major muscle groups dancers need to stretch on a weekly basis.
- Gained the knowledge you need to teach our 60-minute dance conditioning classes designed to:
- Improve Deep Core Strength
- Improve Posture and Alignment
- Increase Flexibility and Mobility
- Improve Balance and Turn out
- Safely Deepen Backbends
- Improve Muscle Activation
- Decrease Pain and Risk of Injury
Students enrolled in Stretch Academy receive access to our comprehensive weekly class curriculums to ensure safe, effective, and easy implementation of our program. You see, at mUvmethod, we believe quality training is only half the equation; easy implementation is the other. With Stretch Academy, you get both!
You’ll receive Online Access to:
- Level 2 Flexibility Training
- Deeper Backbends BONUS Course
- Anatomy and The Science of Stretching BONUS Course
- ALL Flexibility e-Books
Retail Value of $870
Plus Weekly Guidance and Support through:
- Weekly LIVE Q and A sessions
- Live Practice Teaching Sessions
- Weekly Assignments, Review Questions, and Lesson Summaries
Upon completion of Stretch Academy, you will be an expert in the field of flexibility and how it relates to dancers. You will be ready to deliver our up-to-date, safe, and effective weekly stretch curriculum for dancers, ages 5 and up. And you will have access to our Level 1 weekly class outlines for easy implementation.
Upon completion of Stretch Academy, you can begin working towards submission of your Level 2 Practical exam and Teacher Certification. Once Level 2 Certified, you will be approved to teach our FULL 60- minutes stretch and condition classes.
Teaching Applicaiton and Opportunities:
- Updated Weekly Warm Ups and Stretch Sequences
- Full mUvStretch Classes
- Private, Semi-Private, and Small Group Sessions
- mUvStretch Workshops and Trainings
- In-Studio Trainings For Students and Staff
This is an online training program that requires some time and effort on your end. It’s date-specific and done in real-time. It includes live classes, a private Facebook group, and access to me and the other trainers.
If you’re willing to set aside time each day for learning, studying, and implementing our program, you and your students will see results. Plus, you won’t do it alone. My team and I will be there to guide you along the way. Here’s how it works:
upon enrollment, you will receive access to our private Facebook group. This is a place to ask questions, get answers, find your daily assignments and connect with other students, myself, and my team! This has proven to be an invaluable resource and will definitely get you through the program. We check the Facebook group daily.
This training includes a weekly live Q and A along with full 60 minute mUvmethod classes hosted on Zoom. Exact dates and times are released 2 weeks prior to the course start date.
Upon enrollment, you will receive access to our comprehensive LV2 Study guide. If you follow the guide and commit to 1 hour of self-study a day, you will experience success in this program. Of course, if you miss a day, no big deal, simply double up the next day!
Upon enrollment, you will gain access to two BONUS Courses. Our All Splits Now Program and our Training Turnout Program.
Upon completion of the training you are eligible to become an affiliate. Affiliates receive wholesale pricing on mUvBands and an affiliate link. Affiliates can share their link with anyone and receive a percentage of all programs or products they promote.
Once certified you will receive a mUvmethod LV2 Certificate, be listed on our site as a certified LV2 instructor, and gain access to our branding guide
25 lessons, covering the following topics:
- The Science of Stretching
- Why Warm Up
- mUvStretch Guide
- mUvStretch System
- Cue and Sequences
- Sample Stretch Sequences
- Get Certified
Over 200 Videos, and here are some of our customers favorites:
- The Anatomy of the Spine
- The Anatomy of the Hip
- The Anatomy of the Shoulder Girdle
- How To Approach Stretching
- Why We Stretch in Neutral
- And All 65+ instructional Stretch Videos
- 10, 20 and 30 Minute Sample Stretch Sequences
- Lesson Plans
- Class Curriculums
- Dance Specific Bonus Stretch Sequences
Our online Teacher Trainng + Certification Program covers:
• Anatomy: These lessons cover 4 systems: The skeletal, fascial, muscular, and nervous systems. They also cover the anatomy of the pelvis, spine, and shoulder girdle. The course defines what they are, their role in stretching, and how they impact flexibility, mobility, and overall range of motion.
• The Science of Stretching: These lessons cover various types of stretching, stretch reflexes, and neuromuscular inhibition. They also include how to stretch for immediate and long term success.
• Why Warm Up: These lessons will address the importance and the benefits of a proper warm-up, warm-up guidelines, as well as provide sample warm-up sequences.
• mUvStretch Guide: These lessons cover how to approach stretching, neutral pelvic, and spinal placement along with 135+ instructional videos that cover the steps, placement, alignment, and modifications for 65+ stretches.
• mUvStretch System: These lessons cover the 4 stage system that each mUvStretch class follows. Each stage is designed to take our students through stages of physical and mental progression.
• Cue and Sequence: These lessons cover how to cue and sequence effective stretch classes. You will learn our 5 steps cueing system, various forms of cueing, along with our stretch guidelines and recommended stretch sequencing.
• Sample Stretch Sequences and Weekly Class Curriculums: These lessons cover how to create effective stretch sequences. They address transitions and timing and provide sample stretch sequences to get you started in creating your own. They also provide 6 months of class outlines for dancers ages 5 and up.
• Get Certified: This lesson will introduce the mUvStretch Certification process.
- Anatomy and The Science of Stretching: This course covers the skeletal, fascial, muscular, and nervous systems, And breaks down the anatomy of the spine, shoulder girdle, and hips, including all muscles, and attachment sites.
- Deeper Backbend Course: This program will safely deepen your dancer’s backbend by strengthening all the muscles that create a backbend and stretching all the areas that oppose one.
When Does The Course Start?
This is a self-paced course that starts the moment you enroll. All course materials are available upon purchase of the course. You complete all modules and lessons at your own pace.
How Long Do I Have Do I Have Course?
After enrolling you have unlimited access to this course across all devices you own. You can view and review it as many times as you want, unless of course, you have failed payments. In that case, you will be unenrolled and unable to view the course.
How Do I View The Course?
Upon enrollment, this course will be added to your mUvmethod account. All you need to do is visit mUvmethod.com, click on “My Account” and log in. All the programs you have purchased will be located under your Dashboard. You will be able to view them from your computer, tablet, smartphone – essentially any device with internet access.
How Long Will It Take Me To Complete The Course?
Our mUvStretch Online Training Includes over 200 videos, written content, review questions and lessons greatest takeaways. Some have completed the training in 15 hours. it may take you more or less time dependent upon your learning style and familiarity of content. But this can give you a rough estimate!
Who Is This Course Intended For?
This course is intended for those working in the field of: dance, tumbling, cheer, yoga, pilates, fitness and more. It is for trained professionals looking to add flexibility plans and stretch classes to their existing curriculum. And for dancers looking to deepen their knowledge of flexibility and mobility training.
What If I Am Unhappy With The Course?
We want our customers to be happy so we offer a 14 day money back guarantee! If you are unsatisfied upon completion of the course let us know and we will be happy to give you a full refund. Of course, you will need to show FULL completion of the course.
How Do I Become A Certified mUvStretch Instructor?
Upon completion of the mUvStretch Online Training you will need to email Christine Jones @ [email protected]. You will then be provided with instruction on how to complete the following certification requirements:
- 20 Practice Teaching Hours
- 10 Physical Practice Hours
- Required and Recommended Readings
- Practical Exam Requirements and Submission Process.
Do I Need mUvBands?
Yes, mUvBands were specifically designed to go with the stretches in this course. And are included with the purchase of this course. Once enrolled we will ship them to you.
mUvBands, combined with our stretches, align the body to ensure the greatest gains in flexibility. Using other Bands is NOT recommended. Specifically bands with stretch as we cannot ensure proper safety and alignment. Nor can we guarantee they will stretch the target areas to help you reach your dance specific goals!
mUvBands come in three easy to use sixes- meaning no adjusting necessary. And target the following hard to stretch areas:
- Hip Flexors
- Lower, Mid and Upper Back
I personally cannot wait for you and your dancers to experience the TOTAL TRANSFORMATION in flexibility, mobility, and strength waiting for you!
My friends, dance has evolved. It’s time to throw outdated and underdeveloped warm-ups and stretch curriculums out the window. And implement safe and effective ones that meet the NEW and GROWING demands of dance.
DO NOT let another week, month, or year pass by before you finally update your weekly warm-ups and stretch sequences, and turn what you are already doing; warming up and stretching– into something that produces greater results in LESS TIME with LESS OVERWHELM!