Become a Flexibility Expert in the World of Dance
Stretch Academy is for instructors ready to teach our:
“Stretch Academy has given me the tools and knowledge to safely, confidently and efficiently implement a stretch curriculum into my studio. This curriculum is effective, backed by science and the results are outstanding! Highly recommend it!”
Stretch Academy covers the science of stretching and how to create healthy, sustainable, and functional flexibility, and mobility NOW and for years to come!
It covers how to train neutral joint positions and turnout. How to condition deep core and postural muscles. How to safely deepen backbends, and so much more!
“Stretch Academy gives teachers in-depth anatomy knowledge to help them understand the science behind the stretch. GAME CHANGER!!!”
Stretch Academy is a closed 8-week training. Students receive weekly guidance and support throughout the entire training.
This is an online training program that reqires time and effort on your end. And while we lay it all out for you in an easy to follow format, it still requires work!
But if you’re willing to set aside time each day for learning, studying, and implementing our program, you and your students will see results. Plus, you won’t do it alone. My team and I will be there to guide you along the way.
“This is definitely a think outside the box way of stretching and conditioning and has proven to be the most efficient way to get the most out of your students!”
“Stretch Academy changed the way I practice and teach stretching. It is a perfect educational program for everyone who wants to deepen their knowledge and become an expert in the field of stretching for dancers. All of it brought to you with a lot of love and support from Christine and her team.”
***All Students who complete Stretch Academy will receive A Certificate of Completion.
Stretch Academy is for dance, yoga, Pilates, and fitness professionals looking to become experts in the field of flexibility and how it relates to dance. It is for instructors who understand that proper stretching is a fundamental prerequisite for success in the world of dance.
Stretch Academy is for teachers who want to understand the inner workings of the dance specific movement they are teaching in order to prevent “gaps” from forming in their dancers’ technique.
Gaps can lead to bad habits, frustration, burn out, fatigue, pain, and risk of injury in dancers. Join Stretch Academy now to ensure you fill in and prevent future gaps from forming in your dancers’ technique.
“Including mUvmethod’s Level 1 and Level 2 curriculum into our dance program has simplified my dance conditioning tremendously while greatly improving my dancer’s technique. In fact I have seen greater improvements in 4 months of implementing the program than I have seen in 2 years with other programs I have used.”
“Since I started Stretch Academy, I feel overall improvements in my body. I had a knee operation many years ago that affected my dance career. Because of my injury I was hesitant to push my dancers when stretching. I didn’t want anyone to become overly flexible. But now with your program, I feel confident, empowered and ready to pass on this knowledge because it’s backed by science and doesn’t force dancers into positions that their bodies aren’t ready for. I am very pleased to have found mUvmethod and I cannot wait to start teaching the curriculum to all my dancers. Thank you for providing us with this incredible journey!”
We are helping thousands of dancers each year move beyond limitations in flexibility and mobility in order to reach the new demands of dance with weekly stretching made safe, easy, and effective.
Our Training + Weekly Curriculums Are Specifically Designed Too; Increase Clarity. Decrease Overwhelm. And Increase Productivity.
As Well As:
So what are you waiting for? Become a certified mUvmethod instructor so we can work together and help even more dancers safely move beyond their limitations and reach their full potential.
“I began Stretch Academy to implement a consistent stretching regimen studio wide. I have already seen my advanced students make small adjustments that produce huge results. Totally recommended!”
Our online Teacher Trainng + Certification Program covers:
• Anatomy: These lessons cover 4 systems: The skeletal, fascial, muscular, and nervous systems. They also cover the anatomy of the pelvis, spine, and shoulder girdle. The course defines what they are, their role in stretching, and how they impact flexibility, mobility, and overall range of motion.
• The Science of Stretching: These lessons cover various types of stretching, stretch reflexes, and neuromuscular inhibition. They also include how to stretch for immediate and long term success.
• Why Warm Up: These lessons will address the importance and the benefits of a proper warm-up, warm-up guidelines, as well as provide sample warm-up sequences.
• mUvStretch Guide: These lessons cover how to approach stretching, neutral pelvic, and spinal placement along with 135+ instructional videos that cover the steps, placement, alignment, and modifications for 65+ stretches.
• mUvStretch System: These lessons cover the 4 stage system that each mUvStretch class follows. Each stage is designed to take our students through stages of physical and mental progression.
• Cue and Sequence: These lessons cover how to cue and sequence effective stretch classes. You will learn our 5 steps cueing system, various forms of cueing, along with our stretch guidelines and recommended stretch sequencing.
• Sample Stretch Sequences and Weekly Class Curriculums: These lessons cover how to create effective stretch sequences. They address transitions and timing and provide sample stretch sequences to get you started in creating your own. They also provide 6 months of class outlines for dancers ages 5 and up.
• Get Certified: This lesson will introduce the mUvStretch Certification process.