Become a Flexibility Expert in the World of Dance
Stretch Academy is for dance, yoga, Pilates, and fitness professionals looking to teach our mUvmethod signature weekly stretch curriculum, weekly warm-ups and full 60-minute stretch and condition classes.
Stretch Academy covers what you need to know about flexibility, mobility, stretching, and how this applies to dancers. It will teach you how to train neutral joint positions and turnout, condition deep core and postural muscles, and so much more!
Students enrolled in Stretch Academy will receive access to our comprehensive weekly class curriculums to ensure safe, effective, and easy implementation of our program. You see, at mUvmethod, we believe quality training is only half the equation; easy implementation is the other. With Stretch Academy, you get both!
Stretch Academy is a closed 10-week training where students receive weekly guidance throughout the entire course.
Stay Tuned for our Next Enrollment Date
This is an online training program that reqires time and effort on your end. And while we lay it all out for you in an easy to follow format, it still requires work!
But if you’re willing to set aside time each day for learning, studying, and implementing our program, you and your students will see results. Plus, you won’t do it alone. My team and I will be there to guide you along the way.
Stretch Academy is for those looking to become experts in the field of flexibility and how it relates to dance. It is for instructors who understand that proper stretching is a fundamental prerequisite for success in the world of dance.
Stretch Academy is for teachers who want to understand the inner workings of the dance specific movement they are teaching in order to prevent “gaps” from forming in their dancers’ technique. And who also realize the path to preventing “gaps” is to meet age-appropriate prerequisites. This includes:
Gaps can lead to bad habits, frustration, burn out, fatigue, pain, and risk of injury in dancers. Join Stretch Academy now to ensure you fill in and prevent future gaps from forming in your dancers’ technique.
Stretch Academy is a guided, 10-week training program that includes access to over 200 videos, 6 months of weekly class curriculum, PLUS 10 weeks of guidance and support.
You will get:
Upon completion of Stretch Academy, you will be an expert in the field of flexibility and how it relates to dancers. You will be ready to deliver our up-to-date, safe, and effective weekly stretch curriculum for dancers, ages 5 and up. And you will have access to our Level 1 weekly class outlines for easy implementation.
Upon completion of Stretch Academy, you can begin working towards submission of your Level 2 Practical exam and Teacher Certification. Once Level 2 Certified, you will be approved to teach our FULL 60- minutes stretch and condition classes.
Teaching Applicaiton and Opportunities:
Safe and Effective Trainings + Our Signature Stretch Curriculum + Easy Implementation.
We are helping thousands of dancers each year move beyond limitations in flexibility and mobility in order to reach the new demands of dance with weekly stretching made safe, easy, and effective.
Plus, our unique approach to dance conditioning addresses the root, limited flexibility, and joint mobility, first. Then we work on strength and muscle activation.
mUvmethod trainings + our weekly curriculum:
So what are you waiting for? Become a certified mUvmethod instructor so we can work together and help even more dancers safely move beyond their limitations and reach their full potential.
Our 3 categories will include
Our online Teacher Trainng + Certification Program covers:
• Anatomy: These lessons cover 4 systems: The skeletal, fascial, muscular, and nervous systems. They also cover the anatomy of the pelvis, spine, and shoulder girdle. The course defines what they are, their role in stretching, and how they impact flexibility, mobility, and overall range of motion.
• The Science of Stretching: These lessons cover various types of stretching, stretch reflexes, and neuromuscular inhibition. They also include how to stretch for immediate and long term success.
• Why Warm Up: These lessons will address the importance and the benefits of a proper warm-up, warm-up guidelines, as well as provide sample warm-up sequences.
• mUvStretch Guide: These lessons cover how to approach stretching, neutral pelvic, and spinal placement along with 135+ instructional videos that cover the steps, placement, alignment, and modifications for 65+ stretches.
• mUvStretch System: These lessons cover the 4 stage system that each mUvStretch class follows. Each stage is designed to take our students through stages of physical and mental progression.
• Cue and Sequence: These lessons cover how to cue and sequence effective stretch classes. You will learn our 5 steps cueing system, various forms of cueing, along with our stretch guidelines and recommended stretch sequencing.
• Sample Stretch Sequences and Weekly Class Curriculums: These lessons cover how to create effective stretch sequences. They address transitions and timing and provide sample stretch sequences to get you started in creating your own. They also provide 6 months of class outlines for dancers ages 5 and up.
• Get Certified: This lesson will introduce the mUvStretch Certification process.